About The Certification
The UESCA triathlon coach certification is an all-encompassing program that is 100% online-based using a series of robust training modules. The UESCA triathlon certification was developed by reviewing the latest professional sports science journals and through feedback from our professional and seasoned team.
The training modules are comprised of varying learning mediums including text, images and video. Upon registering for the certification, the user has one year (365 days) to take the exam. Studying for the exam is self-paced.
The goal of this certification is to inform and educate individuals on the science behind triathlon training and the application of this information.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of registration
- Proof of current CPR/AED or lifeguard certification (you may register for the certification without being CPR/AED certified – however you must be CPR/AED certified to take the exam)
- Access to high-speed internet
- Ability to view PDF documents via Adobe Reader
What You’ll Find Inside This Certification
The triathlon certification consists of 26 robust online training modules that include videos. The modules represent the latest in research-based sports science and are designed to be an all-encompassing resource for those looking to become certified triathlon coaches.
- Module 1: You… The Coach
- Module 2: Skeletal System
- Module 3: Muscular System
- Module 4: Energy Systems
- Module 5: Training Benchmarks
- Module 6: Biomechanical Assessments
- Module 7: Swimming Biomechanics
- Module 8: Cycling Biomechanics
- Module 9: Running Biomechanics
- Module 10: Injury and Illness
- Module 11: Resistance Training
- Module 11A: Resistance Training Exercises
- Module 12: Stretching and Myofascial Release
- Module 13: Client Intake
- Module 14: Goal Setting
- Module 15: Periodization
- Module 16: Training Program
- Module 17: Training Modalities
- Module 18: Pacing
- Module 19: Mental Training
- Module 20: Sports Nutrition
- Module 21: Safety
- Module 22: Triathlon Equipment
- Module 23: Triathlon Apparel
- Module 24: Race Preparation and Execution
- Module 25: Legal Issues
- Module 26: BONUS – Marketing for Success!
For a detailed course syllabus and module excerpt, click here.
What Others Are Saying
In my experience, the UESCA Triathlon Certification is the most in-depth program available for individuals who want the necessary knowledge to develop their triathlon coaching expertise. The program is in-depth, presented in a consistent format, and progresses in a natural order. You will come away from this program with a solid education on almost all aspects of physiology, anatomy, and training development necessary for the foundation of coaching.
This certification has been invaluable not only as a coach but also as a triathlete. As a coach, it has given me the confidence to work with athletes of different backgrounds and fitness levels.
2014 US National Duathlon Champion
Finally, a credentialed triathlon certification that is informative and has boosted my number of personal training clients! I feel fully confident in training clients to train for and compete in triathlons.
ACE Certified Personal Trainer
Continuing Education Provider
The triathlon coach certification provides CEU’s to the following organizations: